Friday, December 18, 2009

Holiday Makeup


This week I had my makeup done for a photo shoot by a professional makeup artist who I would like to recommend, Pamela Jeffries. I was very happy with the natural look she created for my corporate training head shots. She also does bridal party and special event makeup. http://www.glowmakeupstudio.com/



While working with Pamela we discussed Holiday Party makeup looks. We both agreed that either you make the focal point your eyes or lips. So if you do the smoky eye look, then do a more natural lipstick or gloss. Conversely if you want to do bright red or fuchsia lips, then go light on the eye liner and shadow.

Shimmer is great for parties on the lids, cheeks. and even the bust line. Women with mature skin need to apply shimmer very lightly though. A touch on the center of the lid or just across the top of the cheek bone, as shimmer will emphasis wrinkles.

I will be doing smoky eyes at a black tie event this weekend. Basically this means that after doing a base or makeup primer and light shadow over my entire lid to brow area, I'll apply dark eyeshadow on my eyelids up to the crease. Some apply eyeliner both inside and outside your eyes. I do not like lining the inside of your eyes though, so I just do a dark eyeliner pencil on the top and bottom of my lashes and smug with a Q-tip. Pamela suggests topping the pencil liner with a liquid eyeliner for extra intensity. As a final touch I apply a thin line of the lid shadow below by lower eyeliner and blend with a Q-tip. It's a very dramatic sexy look that is best used at night. Here is my plug, I use Arbonne products, but there are lots of lines that will do. http://www.wardrobeperfect.myarbonne.com/
The photo above is Keira Knightly with smoky eyes and light lipstick.




No comments: