Thursday, November 11, 2010

Airplane Attire


I recently traveled on a long distance flight to a foreign country. I always want to look somewhat fashionable, yet be comfortable. I like pants with stretch. My favorite is a pair of pants with large front zip patch pockets. I can travel without a purse, as my passport or other ID, boarding pass, lip gloss, eye mask, sleeping pill....all except my reading material is on my body and easy to access. Once items go into the overhead it can be a problem retrieving if your seat mate is asleep.


Another favorite item on a long flight is a large warm pashima shawl that can serve as a blanket on the flight and extra layer for warmth on the trip. Even if the flight provides blankets they are often very thin. Additionally I usually wear a light weight cardigan, that will also be a basic layer with all I packed. The pashima can cover your legs, arms or wrap as shown around your neck.


If I am only traveling with a small carry-on suitcase, the outer pocket has items that would usually go in a purse. Then my empty flat style purse is packed inside the case. It's a matter of having one less item to carry-on. If I checked a bag, then I might have a zipped tote with reading material, my camera, itinerary, glasses or any other items I do not want to chance being without if my luggage is lost or delayed.


Also I rarely wear tennis shoes on a flight. It is just not very stylish, and there are lots of other comfortable attractive shoes that look classier. I see lots of travelers in athletic shoes and jeans though. Slip on shoes perhaps with rubber soles are also easier when going through security.



What are some of you favorites to wear on the plane?


A great website that invites readers advice by country visiting is http://www.journeywoman.com/
I found the pictured 22 x 80 inch basket weave shawl at http://www.thepashimastore.com/.

No comments: