Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Advantage of a Clothing Steamer


I have own a clothing steamer since I first began selling Carlisle 18 years ago. The shipments come in boxes from New York, and my steamer sits right next to my clothing delivery rack. It makes all the wrinkles disappear so quickly that I only occasionally use an iron for linens. Naturally I use it for my own personal clothes and my husband's. It's great after a trip to de-wrinkle our garments. I also use it to spruce up my evening gowns that have bows or ruffles that get crushed in my closet. This really saves dry cleaning costs and time. In addition steaming is gentle on your clothes and extends their life. Steam relaxes the fibers while ironing crushes the fibers.


I still have my original Jiffy Steamer, but they now have a better model, J-2000 which is $189. You can order one by calling 800-52Jiffy (525-4339) or on line at http://www.jiffysteamer.com/ Go to personal steamers on the site. When you order enter "image004" in the promo box and you'll get free shipping.

No comments: