Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Yes, linen wrinkles

I just returned from Hawaii where I wore both a very old Ellen Fisher linen blouse that I love and a new pair of Tommy Bahama linen white shorts. Now many women and men will not even consider wearing linen in the summer because it wrinkles. The rumbled look of linen is part of the summer look though. I never iron my linens to a crisp finish. Plus I like how linen gets softer with washing.

Linen is cool, absorbent and lint free. It also holds a dye very well. Linen is 2-3 times stronger than cotton and remarkably durable. Ramses II who died in 1258 BC over 3000 years ago was wrapped in linen and the fabric had not decayed when his body was discovered.

I bought my husband a long sleeved yellow linen shirt for his birthday at Tommy Bahamas. I love the look of a linen shirt with the sleeves rolled up with a pair of Bermudas. They came in lots of colors. www.tommybahamas.com Go to shirts. It is the Easy Breezer for $98.

No comments: